About This Blog

This blog is about recurrent problems with the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority's public transit system. My particular crusade involves flagship line 910 (the "Silver Line") and its persistent, institutional unreliability after 9 PM.


I have been dealing directly and in good faith with Metro for some time now on this issue, but that private dialog has not resulted in any improvement in service. I started this blog in an attempt to provide another more public source of motivation for Metro to address their systemic failures.


Below I have posted my entire email exchange with Metro on this subject, and I will continue to update as the saga continues. The correspondence begins in November of 2011 only because that is when I discovered how to contact customer service. The problems with the silver line (and its transitway predecessors) started well before then. This email chain is unedited, except that I redacted my own name and contact info, and I removed redundant quotes of previous messages. Names and email addresses of Metro personnel have not been removed. I encourage you to contact them with your own thoughts. Also, feel free to leave comments here. I will probably delete anything vacuous or off topic, but if you have other complaints that aren't getting any traction, or if you have any suggestions that might improve service, please let me know.


For new visitors, the best way to read this blog is chronologically from bottom to top. The earliest entry is dated 2011-11-30. Since I can't seem to force all the posts onto one page, you'll have to start by clicking "2011" in the "Blog Archive" just below, or scroll all the way down and click "Older Posts."


Enjoy...

2012-02-14

From: CustomerRelations@metro.net
Subject: RE: Yet another silver line problem
Date: February 14, 2012 09:56:48 PST
To: fixmetro

Mr. FixMetro,

Thank you for contacting Metro Customer Relations. I do apologize for the continued difficulties you have experienced with the Silver Line. Please know that our Vehicle Operations Staff will be monitoring the area to ensure that signage is correct and that our operators are following procedure during the construction phase. If you experience any further issues, please let me know.

Richard Saldivar
Metro Customer Relations
213.922.4455

No comments:

Post a Comment